Waterless Yukon Gold Potato with Bok Choy and Baby Lima Bean, Jade Pearl Rice with Spinach (No Added Fat)
Saladmaster stock pan (in this order):
- A medium red onion cut into 1/4" half moon slices
- 3 large bok choy stalks cut into 3/4" slices
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2" slices
- 5 small Yukon gold potatoes cut into 3/4" cubes
- Leafs hand-torn and roughly torn into approx. 3/4" pieces from stems of 4 kale leaves
- A cup of frozen baby lima beans
- A teaspoon of frozen chopped basil
I also made some Jade pearl rice by first sautéing a medium shallot cut into 1/4" thick half moons and about 1/4 cup of bell pepper cut into 1/2" slices in a pan with no oil. Then I added about 1/2 cup of Jade pearl rice and 1 1/2 times (i.e., 3/4 cup) water, plus maybe a dozen spinach leaves and a vegan bouillon cube, and brought to a boil. I simmered, covered, on low heat for 20m.
Dinner was good. I was thinking of making a miso sauce to serve atop the vegetables. The vegetables were good but the sauce would have enhanced them.