Baby Golden Beets over Butternut Squash, Grilled Artichoke Hearts with Seitan and Garlic (No Added Fat)
Sunday. I thought I'd do that with a butternut squash that I purchased today.
Last May, I found that pressure cooked baby beet cut into 1/2" pieces cooked well in 4m. That sounded like a good beginning to a filling for the squash. Here is what I did:
- 3 baby beets (I used golden, but red would have resulted in a nicer color to contrast with the butternut squash), peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 4 leaves kale, stems excepted, roughly hand cut into approximately 3/4" or smaller squares
- (Optional) I had a little bit, about 1/4 cup, of cooked butternut squash leftover from yesterday, and cut it into 3/4" squares
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion cut into thin 1/8" x 3/4" slices
- 1/4 t (or to taste) salt
- 1/4 t (or to taste) fresh ground black pepper
- I put all of the ingredients except the onion, salt, and pepper into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 4 minutes.
- When I was ready to serve, I slowly let out remaining pressure and mixed in the onion, salt, and pepper.
Ideas for the future