Kale with Carrot and Corn, served with Organic Brown Mekong Flower Rice, Tempeh, and Asparagus (No Added Fat)
I prepared a kale dish as well as rice with vegetables tonight. I had prepared a cauliflower dish earlier for a family who recently had a baby, and served a bit of that to my Dad for his dinner, so was free to use garlic (he doesn't eat garlic) in our meal.
- Head of kale; bottom inch or so of stems removed and kept for composting, then remaining kale, stems and leaves together cut into 3/4" strips
- Leek; root removed and then about 2 1/2" or so of bottom cut into slices about 1/4" x 1" (about a cup) and well washed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 large carrot cut into 1/4" slices (about a cup)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- (Optional) 1t miso
- 1t chopped basil (I used frozen cubes)
- 1/2 cup water - 3m
- (Optional) 1/2 t lemon pepper (or black pepper)
- (Optional) Salt to taste (I found the miso gave a sufficiently salty taste, so used no salt)
- I put the kale, leek, garlic, carrot, corn, miso, basil, and water into my Instant Pot and cooked on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When I was ready to serve, I slowly released remaining pressure, mixed in the lemon pepper, and served.
Ideas for the future