Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Brown Rice Spaghetti with Kale Sauce, Zucchini with Pesto, Tempeh (gluten-free)

We received some good fresh kale in our weekly shipment of an online farmer's market. I hand stripped the greens from four leaves of kale and put in a small pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes till the kale tasted reasonably cooked.

Then I put the kale in our Vita-Mix blender, along with a quarter small yellow onion, and briefly (setting 4 out of 10) ran the blender, just to chop the ingredients (and not puree). I put about a half cup little Fra Diavolo pasta sauce in the same pan and combined in with the kale-onion, bringing the mixture to a simmer and adding 3 or 4 roughly chopped fresh basil leaves and a pinch or two of salt.

In the meantime, I started boiling some Tinkyada brand brown rice spaghetti. I served the spaghetti with the kale sauce. A few days ago, I had made pesto sauce, and I served a bit atop some zucchini slices. Sauteed tempeh completed the meal. (I hadn't had it as a goal, but it turned out to be a gluten-free meal.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home