Thursday, February 12, 2009

Black Beluga Lentil-Sweet Potato, Wild Rice, Broccoli

I had a can of heirloom black beluga lentils and also a can of pureed sweet potato that occurred to me would go great together. Black belugas are one of the smallest lentils and are named because they look like shiny caviar when cooked. In a saucepan, I briefly cooked in a little oil about 1/3 of a yellow onion, cut to a medium dice, then added the can of the lentils, reducing the heat to a medium-low. I am actually writing this a day later, but remember mixing in a variety of spices, such as chili powder, and some fresh rosemary needles. A minute or two later, I added the can of sweet potato, and just let it all cook on a low heat till I was ready to serve.

I also made some wild rice, as well as broccoli with shallots. I was delighted that my father-in-law enjoyed this meal, as did we!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home