Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cencione Pasta with Tempeh Scramble, Tuscan-Style Green Bean

I thought I would finish up the Rao's marinara sauce I had left from Friday's dinner, and make another Cencione pasta dish. I sauteed small pieces of tempeh and onion; when the tempeh was lightly brown, I added small chunks of bell pepper and a little marinara sauce, as well as a little crushed red pepper and dried Italian seasoning, and reduced the heat from medium high to medium low. I cooked for just a few minutes, then added some salt and served over the pasta. I also made some Tuscan-style beans; simply sauteed in a little olive oil for a few minutes, they really sparkled (really! some of the best green beans I've had!) with some lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home