Saturday, April 19, 2008

Jerk Okra-Tempeh, Pickled Thai Carrots, Olive Bread with Pesto

Today I put together a quick dinner (as we were off to see a Gilbert and Sullivan performance that a good friend was performing in, The Yeoman of the Guard) that I initially wondered whether or not it would be filling - it was! I sauteed on medium heat thin strips of tempeh; as the tempeh just started to show some browning, I added halved okra spears. After about five-seven minutes, I added strips of red bell pepper and cooked for just two or so more minutes.

Then I added a little soy sauce (maybe a tablespoonful), let it sizzle, and turned the heat off. I sprinkled some jerk seasoning over the dish and served it, along with slices of olive bread having smears of pesto, and pickled Thai carrots. The carrots were purchased; they contain carrots, sesame seeds, shallots, garlic, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, chili pepper, and canola oil.

4 Comments:

At Sat Apr 19, 01:10:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those carrots look divine. =)

 
At Sat Apr 19, 01:18:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

They were good! I hope that you're well; thanks for your comment, Romina. --Dilip

 
At Sat Apr 19, 08:35:00 PM EDT, Blogger vanillabb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sun Apr 20, 12:52:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your comment, vanillabb! (I deleted your duplicate comment.) --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home