Thursday, November 29, 2007

Leek-Barley Soup, Brussels Sprouts, Onion Bagel with Gouda 'Sheese', Avocado-Tomato Salad

Surprisingly, the stew that I made in early November has kept well in my refrigerator, so I finally did what I had been planning to do and thinned it with water and a bouillon cube, heating it up as soup. I made a simple Brussels sprout dish by sauteeing the sprouts, thickly sliced onion, and a full Anaheim pepper cut into thick slices. I chopped an avocado and half of a heirloom tomato and served it, along with lime juice and salt. A nice Scottish gouda-style "sheese" onion bagel rounded out the meal.

Tomorrow my students will be making a Mexican meal in cooking class. I am photographing a wedding this weekend; the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner are on Friday and the wedding on Saturday. I don't know what I'll do about dinner - I'll either eat out or heat up (still a lot remaining!) Thanksgiving leftovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home