Monday, November 12, 2007

California Veggie Burger on Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and Olive Bread with Jerk-Seasoned Eggplant and Lime

We were going to go grocery shopping today, but I looked at my "supplies" and decided that we could wait. I had some corn that I wanted to use up - I was originally going to make another "three sisters" creation like I did on October 30 and (yummy!) 28, but today just prepared it as I usually do, grilled on the open flame of my gas burner, stripped, and mixed with vegan Earth Balance margarine, salt, and (today I made it very lime-y by using about a fifth of a lime for the three ears of corn) fresh lime juice.

For the main course, I heated Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers and served them, with purchased roasted red pepper hummus, on a nice olive bread. I also grilled thin 1/4" or so slices of eggplant and sprinkled salt and jerk seasoning on top, pressing the seasoning in a bit. I also had some Anaheim peppers and radish.



It's been a few days since I cooked. Friday was the holiday Divali; my wife and I had a fun evening with my parents at their home and enjoyed delicious Indian dishes that she made including eggplant, potato, dhal (lentil soup), rice, and more. Yesterday, we had a very interesting potluck and talk on animal kinesiology; we just picked up bread, hummus, and lemon sorbet - the other guests brought great dishes, including the host, who prepared a so-tasty rice pasta dish with peanut butter and coconut milk! Coincidentally, just a few days ago I purchased the same brand rice pasta, and look forward to cooking with it - I loved its consistency at the potluck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home