Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Delicata Squash with Mashed Potatoes, Carolina Ruby Sweet Potato

I made a simple dinner tonight as I didn't have much time. I had to get dinner made early so I could go to a Latin American Film Festival at Duke University to see the film Laberintos de la Memoria (Labyrinths of Memory; about two interesting women seeking their unique roots - a Costa Rican woman born to Lithuanian and Ukranian holocaust survivors, and a Mexican adoptee who is now a Cuban academic) and enjoy questions/answers with the director Guita Schyfter.

I simply baked delicata squash and ruby sweet potato in a preheated 375°F oven for about 35-45 minutes. I cut the squash in half and put it cut side down in an oven-safe plate that had a little water in it, and I also put the uncut sweet potatoes in the plate (the water keeps the squash moist). I served the sweet potato just with a little vegan Earth Balance margarine. I stuffed the baked squash with some mashed potatoes that I had mixed shallots and bell pepper into, and sprinkled some Lars' Own crispy onions on top. It was a somewhat plain but tasty dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home