Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Leftover Tempeh with Pomegranate Reduction over Strozzapreti Pasta, Red String Beans

We had some leftover pomegranate reduction with tempeh leftover from our tasty dinner Thursday after class at Sage Vegetarian Restaurant. For dinner tonight, I heated it up and served it over Strozzapreti pasta. Yum!

On Saturday, my wife had picked up from the farmer's market some long purplish-red beans. I think they are called red string beans, though I'm not sure. I prepared them similarly to the Tuscan way that I prepare green beans, but I also used garlic. I cut some thin slivers of one clove of garlic and put that in olive oil over medium-high heat for a minute or so, then added the uncut beans. I cooked for a few minutes, then added fresh lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. I also served sprouts, cucumber with jerk seasoning, bell pepper, and "lemon tomato".

This weekend, we had a fun potluck dinner on Saturday, for which I prepared a quinoa dish with various vegetables. We had my wife's very nice cousin from Wisconsin and her family visiting; they arrived after midnight Saturday night. Unfortunately, I didn't get to make any dinners for them; to optimize their one evening with us, after spending all day (after my brunch that I did make) sightseeing, we ate out at Panzanella Restaurant, which seems to regularly carry vegan pesto - I love their pesto pizza, which is what I always get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home