Thursday, August 09, 2007

Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pizza, Potatoes O'Brien

I was out at the nearby Apple store looking at the new 24" iMac that was just announced yesterday (it's elegant, powerful, and fun, but I wish it didn't have such a glossy screen) and got home to a hungry wife - and I was anxious to eat, too! I almost never eat frozen dinners, but did purchase a small individual serving of Amy's vegan roasted vegetable pizza a few days ago just for situations like tonight. I simply preheated the oven, sprayed a little olive oil on the bottom of the pizza, and baked it for about 10 minutes. I served the pizza with fresh slices of heirloom tomatoes, avocado, and parsnip. I also tried a variation on the "French fry method" of conditioning my new paella pan and cooked potatoes O'Brien in that pan (and later continued putting the pan, lightly greased with canola oil, over low heat for an hour or so; it's turning a nice brown inside).

Yesterday, we went out to eat South Indian food (I had rava masala dosa and my wife had vegetable uttapam; we shared pakoras) at Udupi Restaurant near where I teach photography in Cary, NC. Tomorrow is the last of the six-week photography classes in Carrboro, NC, and we'll eat out in Chapel Hill or Carrboro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home