Saturday, August 11, 2007

Limed Fingerling Potatoes with Vegan Chipotle Sausage

My wife had purchased some good looking fingerling potatoes from the farmer's market last weekend, and the look at them inspired this idea. I simply cut a half dozen of the potatoes into large chunks, roughly thirds, and began sauteeing them for a few minutes, after which I added a shallot, chopped finely. When the potato seemed just barely cooked through, maybe after 7 minutes, I added about five scallions, cut into 3/4" lengths, and medium chunks of spicy Mexican Chipotle "sausage" by the Field Roast Grain Meat Company. After a few minutes when the sausage was browned, I added a half dozen freshly picked basil leaves, roughly sliced into thirds, and perhaps 2 tablespoons of Consorzio organic Baja Lime marinade, as well as salt.

It tasted great! Dinner was rounded out with a big salad and, topped with red pepper pinjera spread, bread.

Yesterday after photography class, a friend and one of the students joined my wife and me for dinner at all-vegetarian Sage Cafe. I seem to always get their pomegranate reduction with tempeh over brown rice, and last night all but my student ordered it - yum!

2 Comments:

At Fri Aug 17, 11:24:00 AM EDT, Blogger elizabet said...

the pomegranate reduction...it was such an acquired taste for me that now i LOVE.

and crave.

a lot.

 
At Fri Aug 17, 01:19:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your comment, elizabeth. I love the dish, too. It's so rich that it's difficult I think for one to finish a full serving of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home