Thursday, May 17, 2007

Strozzapreti Pasta with Quick Pesto, Portobello, and Vegan Sausage

My wife took her relatives to Washington, D.C., and I was on my own today. I thought that I would make a strozzapreti pasta dish with vegan Field Roast "Grain Meat" Company's apple sage vegan sausage. Since she's not here, I feel free to duplicate something I've made earlier, but I ended up creating a new dish - which I hope to make again soon for her.


I made a very simple pesto; now that I have basil growing, I had three teaspoons of frozen chopped basil that I thought I should use up. I put a tablespoon or two of oil in a small bowl, along with the basil, a little salt, and a little vegan Parm! "Parmesan cheese", and put it in my toaster oven on low heat for a few minutes, then mixed. I boiled the pasta (it takes 7-8 minutes to be al dente) and served it, with a portobello mushroom that I had grilled on top and finally the fast pesto. Yummy!