Monday, May 07, 2007

Asparagus-Tempeh Saute, Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta

Today was a difficult day as I recently signed up for an infant bereavement photography organization, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep and was called at 8a for my first contribution. The organization is for professional photographers who are willing to come, for no cost, to capture very sad times but provide memories that may be the only tangible keepsake of a baby. A family had a stillborn baby, their first child, late last night, and wanted photography. I surprised myself by, my kind wife accompanying me, being supportive and warm, but also doing the job well and not being overcome with emotion.

But it did give me pause and put me in an odd mood. My host Korean student in the UNC International Friendship Program is leaving tomorrow for a month in Peru sightseeing right after her exams end, and a joint Singaporean friend is returning home soon, so we had planned to get together for dinner. It took some energy to ramp up for it, but I put together a meal that all seemed to enjoy.

I simply made a saute of various vegetables, including asparagus, onion, and mushroom, as well as tempeh and, added at the end, capers. I had purchased heirloom bruschetta topping, and served that with some sesame semolina toast.

2 Comments:

At Wed May 09, 09:12:00 AM EDT, Blogger TNL said...

wow....good job, Dilip. I checked out the site, what a wonderful one it is.

trupti

 
At Wed May 09, 11:07:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Trupti!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home