Friday, April 27, 2007

Boniato, Broccoli and White Eggplant with Tahini

Last March, I enjoyed trying the "Boniato (Ipomoea batatas, also known as tropical sweet potato, batatas, and camote), said to taste and look like a cross between baked and sweet potato, being drier and less sweet than sweet potatoes we commonly eat in the U.S." After baking it at 400°F for about an hour, I enjoyed the soft flesh that reminded me of chestnuts in flavor. Today I prepared it the same way, and found it to taste more like a sweet potato.

I also served English peas and made an interesting side dish. I sauteed broccoli, onion, and chunks of white eggplant; when it was done, I mixed some tahini in, as well as a little salt. It came out great! We really enjoyed this dish - the white eggplant tasted sweeter to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home