Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stew with Ramen Noodles, My Wife's Usal

We had stew leftover from last week; I reheated it on low for close to an hour, adding in some ginger and red jalapeno pepper, as well as cut green beans and peas. I served this atop Ramen noodles. My wife made some usal, as described in September when she made it then, as well.

Yesterday we were away a good part of the day then decided to dine out as we were going to a 9:30p film. We ate at another of Giorgios Bakatsias' restaurants (we love Café Parizäde, where I host the country's largest vegetarian Thanksgiving), Grasshopper Asian Kitchen and Bar, a Thai restaurant. It seems to be getting more difficult for vegetarians to eat at Thai restaurants as fish sauce is still commonly used and for us vegans, some restaurants are unfortunately now diluting their coconut milk with half and half. At Grasshopper, the chef kindly came out to chat with us and told us most of their sauces had fish sauce, but we told him we loved tempeh, which he had, and let him put something together for us. My wife had stir fried vegetables and tempeh with rice, and I had a similar dish but served on crispy fried rice noodles. We both enjoyed our meals - including a very tasty pumpkin soup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home