Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wavy baked potato

We had a friend over for dinner tonight. I made baked potatoes the best way I know how, by using a small appliance I have called "Tater Twister" by Presto and creating a lot of potato surface area that I basted with an Earth Balance - herb - spice blend. I also baked asparagus. I put a little bit of tofu in the salad, and also put some oniony nira grass in it. I was so happy that purple carrots now seem to be in season - they are the second favorite carrot type I've had, next to burgundy ones; both have a perfumy fragrance. I also served Romanesco and purple cauliflower.

3 Comments:

At Wed Apr 12, 08:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger Eleni Binge said...

I want purple carrots! Where can I get them?

 
At Thu Apr 13, 01:49:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

They're available at Whole Foods in Chapel Hill, and are indeed good! They taste very nice and look beautiful. I have some pictures of non-baby purple carrots on my smugmug photo site.

 
At Mon Apr 17, 11:28:00 AM EDT, Blogger Sarah Kramer said...

Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home