Thursday, April 06, 2006

Baby vegetable dinner; baby artichokes, roasted baby eggplant prepared with tahini and garlic, and raw baby bok choy

I prepared baby artichokes the way I typically do - steamed and with a dipping sauce made from Earth Balance vegan margarine, lime juice, seasoning, and herbs from my garden. I'm going to be attending the Full Frame Film Festival the next four days and wanted to use up some of my more perishable fresh items, including baby eggplant and baby bok choy (I was originally planning on stir frying the bok choy with tempeh for a simple stirfry).

I love baba ganouj, and came up with the idea of making the eggplant by roasting it in the oven, along with some cloves of garlic, but not making a dip. Instead, I spooned a little tahini on top of the eggplant and served it with roasted garlic. I made a salad with a light coating of artisanal extra virin olive oil and red wine vinegar, and served raw baby bok choy with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home