Sunday, April 22, 2018

Leftover Canellini Bean and Brussels Sprout Lasagne

I made lasagne; my daughter really liked the manicotti that I recently made and I had some of Miyoko's vegan smoked "mozarella" cheese that I had used. I put four layers of lasagne down, then added leftover canellini beans with Brussels sprouts, plus some of the vegan cheese and sauce. I put down four more layers, then sauteed onion and garlic, plus mushroom and Swiss chard and more sauce. I put down a final four layers then sauce, and baked in a preheated 375°F for 40m.

Results

Dinner was good and I was pleased at "reinventing" the leftovers this way. Though it wasn't no added fat, I didn't use a lot of the vegan cheese, so it was reasonably low in fat.

Ideas for the future

It's not so difficult to make lasagne, though it does take a bit of time. One puts sauce down in a baking dish (I used a 9"x13" glass one) then boils four lasagne noodles at a time (these wheat ones cooked in about 5 minutes) and places them on the sauce. Fillings go next, then four more freshly cooked noodles, etc. I should experiment with more types of lasagne; certainly today showed that the right kind of leftover can be a good filling. I should try eggplant to get something like a moussaka lasagne.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home