Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Cranberry Bean with Pixie Tangerine, Jade Pearl Rice (No Added Fat)

I made a simple dinner tonight, experimenting with combining beans with tangerines. I'm so happy that Pixie tangerines are in stock right now. I made a large batch of cranberry beans for a dish that I was making for a client by rinsing beans, putting ample boiling water on them and soaking them for about 4 or 5 hours, rinsing them again, then adding a vegan bouillon cube and just enough water to cover the beans, and cooking in my Instant Pot pressure cooker for 30 minutes.

I gave the pot a chance to cool down so I could open it. I took out about 3 cups of the cooked beans and used the rest for my client. I added to our dish about 3/4 cup of onion, cut to about 1/2" cubes, as well as about 1/2 cup of mixed bell pepper slices, approx. 1/4" x 3/4" in size, as well as about 1/2 t of salt and 1/2 of lemon pepper. I mixed in a cup of tangerine slices (two Pixie tangerines), cut into thirds, and served, along with Jade pearl rice and tomato slices.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home