Waterless Seitan with Squash, Cauliflower, Potato, and Plantain (No Added Fat)
- 8 ounces butternut squash (I used 1/2 bag of frozen squash)
- 10 ounces cauliflower florets (I used a full 10 ounce bag of mixed cauliflower)
- 4 ounces seitan (I used half of an 8 ounce box of seitan strips)
- Medium Yukon Gold potato, cut into 3/8" cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 small Vidalia (or other) onion cut into 1/4" thick half moons (just under a cup)
- (Optional) Medium plantain cut into 3/8" slices (about a cup)
- (Optional) 2T pesto sauce (as I described last week)
- 1/4 t lemon pepper (or freshly ground black pepper)
- 1/8 t salt (or to taste)
- I started heating a large Saladmaster stock pan over low heat as I added the squash, cauliflower, seitan, potato, onion, and plantain.
- I covered the pot and increased the heat to medium.
- After 2 minutes or so, the steam release vent started clicking; I reduced the heat to low so that the clicking went away and cooked for 20m.
- I opened the pan, added the pesto, lemon pepper, and salt, and served.