Sunday, May 26, 2013

Kale-Spinach-Tempeh Red Curry with Maifun Noodles, Baked Potato, and Herbed Corn-off-the-Cob (Almost No Added Fat)

I thought that for a few days while my wife and daughter are away that I might make some "repeats" but I created another brand new dish - I'll have to make it for her, as I quite liked it. It was an almost no-added-fat dinner; I put maybe 1/2 teaspoon of Earth Balance margarine (about a gram or two of fat), along with lime juice and a dash of salt to a baked potato.

For the main course, I used maifun (brown rice) noodles. In my Saladmaster stainless steel-titanium saute pan, I started cooking on medium heat with no added fat or liquid some onion; after a minute or two, I added 1" x 1" x 1/4" cubes of tempeh.

After another 3 or 4 minutes, when the tempeh was showing a little browning, I added hand stripped kale, leaving the stem behind, from about 5 leaves, as well as about 3/4 teaspoon of red curry paste and about 1/4 cup of water. I had soaked about 3/4 cup of the noodles; now I drained them and added them to the saute, as well.

A little bit of salt and the dish was ready to be served with corn-off-the-cob and baked potato. I liked how the curry sauce combined with the noodles and vegetables; I'll have to make something like this for my wife. Yummy and healthful! (I had purchased a large watermelon today so also whipped up the Vitamix blender and served dinner with strawberry-watermelon juice.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home