Monday, August 08, 2011

Acorn Squash stuffed with Corn and Smoky Tomato, Roasted Eggplant, Roasted Dutch Yellow Potato, Leftover Okra-Kale-Zucchini

We had several eggplants, acorn squash, and several leftovers (okra-kale-zucchini dish I had from Tuesday and the corn with smoky tomato from our event last Sunday) that I wanted to use in tonight's dinner. I made a simple meal that accomplished this (well, I used one of the eggplants) tonight.

I halved the squash and roasted it in a 350°F oven, face down in a pie plate with a little bit of water. I also cut slices of the eggplant and drizzled some Meyer lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil on both sides, and roasted it, as well as halved Dutch Yellow potatoes, tossed with the oil and some rosemary. The total roasting time was about 45 minutes.

I served the squash stuffed with the corn. I heated the leftover okra dish as well. Dinner was good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home