Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Best Frozen Pizza I've Found (American Flatbread's Vegan Harvest) with Hashed Brown Potatoes

I have noticed a brand of frozen pizza from a artisanal New England company, American Flatbread. They use wood-fired ovens and generate a tempting sounding crust, but their pizzas, till I noticed otherwise today, were not vegan. Today, I was shopping at Whole Foods Market (they had a great one-day sale on quarts of organic blueberries for $1.99! I bought a case of a dozen for about $21.50!) and found that American Flatbread now has a Vegan Harvest variety that uses Daiya vegan cheese, and picked it up.

I wanted to put a quick dinner together for my daughter and me as my wife was going to eat on her own and go to an event, while my daughter and I would be going to an outdoor film. Frozen pizza for kiddo and me sounded good to both of us.

I was quite impressed when I opened the pizza package to find the crust looked even better than I had imagined, nicely hand-shaped. The great news - when I ate the heated pizza, I loved it! This is one fabulous pizza! I added some yellow bell pepper slices, but the base "cheese"/sauce/pizza is delicious, the best frozen pizza I've found. A little hashed brown potatoes (with the stem of a portabello mushroom and roasted garlic) and broccoli completed our dinner.

By the way, my dinner at the Nasher Museum turned out great last night! We had 80+ people, I believe. I had a great staff to work with who helped produce all the menu items, and I got to spend a lot of time circulating and talking with the guests. Without exception, people were raving about the food and remarking how upscale and delicious the dishes were. My favorites were the carrot-ginger soup, the tempeh with curried noodles (the noodles turned out so good that they stole the show and left the macadamia-encrusted tempeh tasty but playing second fidde in this dish), and the chocolate baklava and organic berry "ice cream" (the texture came out so good!) topped with cacao nibs. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home