Friday, October 08, 2010

Hyderabadi Korma with Zucchini and Potato with Brown/Wild Rice and Avocado


Kitchens of India sells some tempting looking sauces, including Rich Cashew & Cumin Cooking Sauce, which I purchased recently. I was headed to see Kurosawa's funny 1962 film Sanjuro (which has a perfect 100% rating at Rotten Tomatoes) at the NC Museum of Art tonight, and this sauce was just the ticket to get dinner going reasonably quickly.

I decided to make a Hyderabadi korma with vegetables; cauliflower sounded appealing, but we were out. I cut two potatoes into large bite-sized cubes, maybe 3/4", and started boiling the pieces for a few minutes till they were barely cooked. I also used, added a bit after the potato, a medium zucchini cut and a small bell pepper, each cut into maybe 1/2" pieces. Shortly before the potato was ready, I added a quarter medium union, cut into strip maybe 1/4"x3/4".

I drained the pan, added a little canola oil, and quickly stir fried for a minute or two. Then I added most of the 335ml bottle of the sauce and simmered. It was a little (hot) spicy, but good! I will try using the 15% or so of the leftover sauce to add a little punch to some other dish in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home