Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Seitan Jumble, Leftover Dosa

We had half of a yummy Hyderabadi Masala Dosa (crepe filled with potatoes and coated on the inside with a spicy mixture) leftover from my wife's birthday last Tuesday, which I heated and served without any chutney (simply because I didn't have any chutneys at home). I also made a simple but tasty and filling main course simply by chopping into large chunks a whole 8 ounce box of seitan and locally grown spring onion.

I started the white of the onion sauteeing in canola oil (and later added some drops of Mongolian Fire Oil) in my cast iron pan and a few minutes later put the seitan in. I let it go for some time - maybe 7-10 minutes - so that the seitan was well done. Then I added the green of the onion, some red bell pepper, and a teaspoon or so of dried rosemary. I took it off the heat after 2 or 3 minutes and mixed in some salt.

4 Comments:

At Tue Jun 19, 09:17:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great!

 
At Tue Jun 19, 12:00:00 PM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Mongolian fire oil? Wow, sounds good and I've never heard of it before.
Thank you for sharing your meal ideas, it is always inspiring to see! :)
JudyMac

 
At Tue Jun 19, 04:58:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Hi Judith - I'm delighted to make your acquaintance. I enjoyed visiting Scotland for the World Vegetarian Congress several years ago - what a beautiful and vegan friendly country! I was in Paris only for a few days a few years ago; maybe you can help next time in identifying more vegan treats and maybe joining us. Thanks for the kind words!

 
At Wed Jun 20, 03:45:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, johanna3!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home