Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mashed Potatoes and Shiitake Mushroom Gravy with Leftover Zucchini-Seitan

There was an excellent 2-hour film on the Israeli-Arab Six Day War of 1967, Six Days in June, that aired on public TV (all I watch!), so I put dinner together and we ate while we watched the film. I simply heated up the zucchini-seitan left from last week and made Road's End Organics (they make a vegan macaroni and "chreese") brand shiitake mushroom gravy that I served atop mashed potatoes.

Yesterday, we were hoping to spend much of the day with our new tandem, but it rained. We nevertheless had a very nice day doing some shopping (other than food shopping, neither of us shop much at all) for bicycle clothes (we got two matching outfits!) and tools, possibly an Apple computer purchase, and some DVDs - it ended up being a little late and we were hungry, so we ate out at what we both feel is probably the best pizza in the area at Panzanella - they seem now to commonly have vegan pesto on hand! They make a very tasty pesto pizza with thin crust, which is what I had, and my wife had spaghetti.

By the way, June 6th is the third anniversary of my wife and my meeting each other! I still have managed to make a unique dinner for her every night that I've cooked for her (most nights).

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 12, 03:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dina said...

Hey, Dilip! All sounds yummy! You are most welcome to make dinner at my house any day at all! I still remember the delicious meals you served me when I visited you. I don't believe I met your wife at that time, so why don't you both come to California some day soon and be my guests? I'll even serve you meals, probably not as good as what you are used to from Dilip, but the poor guy needs a break every once in a while! So let me know when I can expect you! So long, much love from DINA.

 
At Tue Jun 12, 03:39:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Dina, for the kind comment! I remember your visit fondly. I hope that we get to see you soon! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home