Saturday, June 09, 2007

Roasted Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts with Mashed Potatoes and Lentils

Tonight was our first night at the American Dance Festival and we enjoyed a meal at home before going to the performance. I came up with the idea of roasting turnips. I peeled two turnips, diced them approximately 1/4", cut about a half dozen Brussels sprouts into six pieces (halfs then thirds of each half), diced maybe 1/5 of a medium yellow onion into 1/4" pieces, and mixed this all in a bowl with a little olive oil and rosemary needles. I roasted it in a 450°F for about a half hour and served, after mixing in some salt and pepper.

I also served some mashed potatoes with some onion, salt, pepper, Earth Balance margarine, and Eat in the Raw's Parma! vegan "Parmesan cheese" mixed in. Finally, my wife had made a lentil dish several days ago, which I reheated. It was a good and filling dinner!

2 Comments:

At Mon Jun 11, 12:09:00 AM EDT, Blogger KleoPatra said...

i want to try that Parma!!! You can't go wrong with lentils either, i'm a total fan of them... This all looks tasty and healthy... Do you ever add garlic to your mashed potatoes?

 
At Mon Jun 11, 12:28:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, KleoPatra, for your kind comment. Yes, I sometimes roast garlic and add it. Best wishes! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home