Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Broccoli Di Cicco with Vegan Sausage

As I described back on the last day of October when I first cooked with broccoli Di Cicco, "it looks like broccoli raab/rapini, but after a little research on the web after cooking with it, I found it to be an Heirloom sweeter variety of broccoli; all parts are edible". I found broccoli Di Cicco in the store on Sunday and today came home well past 8p after teaching and interviewing two people, so wanted to make something quick. I had set my rice cooker to make brown basmati rice (I included a vegan bouillon cube with the water and rice).

I made a simple stir fry, starting with finely diced onion, adding chopped apple-sage artisanal vegan Field Roast Grain Meat Company sausage a few minutes later, then adding the whole pieces of the broccoli Di Cicco. I didn't cook for long, just till the broccoli was cooked, maybe 3-4 minutes. Then I added a little Drew's Thai Sesame Lime dressing /marinade, salt, and pepper.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jan 31, 03:47:00 PM EST, Blogger Jody from VegChic said...

Hey there...

I'm a huge fan of FieldRoast stuff, so that meal looks like yummy goodness. Interesting broccoli, I've never see it in stores around here, but will keep an out for it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I saw your question about Little Lad's. They are vegan bakery/restaurant in Maine. I'd guess they owner's are 7th Day Adventists, but have never confirmed. Some of the local stores in Maine sell their products. As far as I know, they don't have a website, though can find a few blurbs if you google.

Tonight, I'll try to take a photo of what is left of my NotCho cheese and the container/label for you. It is semi-solid orange-ish. When melted with some water it makes great mac and cheese, nacho topping, or dipping sauce.

 
At Wed Jan 31, 03:50:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Jody. I love Field Roast and don't normally like things that look like meat.

I enjoyed your blog - thanks for putting it together. And I look forward to seeing your NotCho picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home