Thursday, December 28, 2006

'Super [tempeh] Burger', Rosemary Roasted Russian Banana Fingerling Potatoes, Roasted Corn

I wasn't in a cooking mood today and wasn't sure what to make, but when I stopped by the grocery store today, I found a new vegan burger made primarily with tempeh by Turtle Island Foods called a Super Burger. I planned my dinner around making such a burger.

I first split some Russian Banana Fingerling potatoes in half, lengthwise, and tossed them with fresh rosemary pieces from my garden, Sweetwater Growers' infused roasted garlic rosemary oil, and salt. I sprayed a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on a plate and laid the potatoes, cut side up and in a single layer, on the oven-proof plate, and roasted it at 425°F in the oven for about a half hour.

I also roasted three ears of corn over the gas range right on the flame, stripped the kernels, and mixed in salt, lime juice, and Earth Balance non-hydrogenated margarine. As for the burger, I just lightly sprayed a little olive oil on either side of each patty and put it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, then served it on whole wheat farm toast. The burger was quite tasty - thick and substantial with a nice smoky taste.

2 Comments:

At Fri Dec 29, 10:05:00 AM EST, Blogger jenny said...

Yum, that looks so good!!!

 
At Fri Dec 29, 01:21:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, jenny! Happy 2007! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home