Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sundried tomato - vegan 'sausage' over conchiglie pasta

I bought some nice sundried tomatoes a few days ago; this batch was fairly soft and didn't really need to be first put in warm water for 20 minutes or so, but I did anyway to soften them even more for a pasta dish I had in mind. I sauteed small pieces of artisanal vegan apple-sage sausage by the Field Roast Grain Meat Company, along with an onion, diced to a medium-small size. I cooked the "sausage"-onion mixture well, maybe for 10 minutes, then mixed in a large bowl, along with the tomatoes, fresh oregano from my garden (soon it will be cold enough that the oregano will be gone till spring), pieces of Kalamata olives, and a little bit of organic extra virgin olive oil.

I served seashell-shaped organic "conchiglie" pasta made at the Montebello Monastery in Marche, Italy (I love its hearty, chewy texture!) and put the rest of the ingredients on top. I also served some hot ciabatta rolls and yellow bell pepper slices on top of spinach leaves. Delizioso!

4 Comments:

At Mon Dec 18, 04:26:00 AM EST, Blogger मन कस्तुरी रे.. said...

Dilip,
What is so special about 'Sundroed' Tomatoes rather than fresh ones?
Anyway I wait for your posts everyday. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and zeal for being so punctual and peculiar.
Just keep on writing.

Ashwini

 
At Mon Dec 18, 10:53:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Hi Ashwini and okramary - thanks for your kind notes. Ashwini, I love sundried tomatoes; the drying process concentrates the flavor, and you end up with a tomato with supreme flavor. They can be purchased dried and vacuum packed, in which case it helps to put in warm water for 20 minutes first, or in olive oil.

okramary, thanks for your good words. I just checked out your blogs as well - thanks for your own contributions!

 
At Thu Dec 21, 07:48:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!

 
At Thu Dec 21, 02:48:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Happy holidays, johanna3 and other readers of my blog! Best wishes for a super 2007!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home