Thursday, December 21, 2006

Explanation of brief hiatus

Sorry for not having posted in a while! I thought I would give a short explanation, and hope to be posting again tomorrow or the following day.

Let's see - my last post was on Saturday. On Sunday, we had great weather and I went on a fun "Raleigh Rides!" bike ride with a friend. My friend, his wife, my wife, and I then went out (in 2 cars including his brand new Cayman S that he just picked up the day before!) for pizza at my favorite area pizzeria, Lilly's.

I was planning to make a nice dinner on Monday, but we were running late to see the film Bobby, so stopped at one of our favorite restaurants, Tower South Indian Restaurant, near the theatre. (Alas, we got to the theatre and found that the film was damaged so wasn't being shown!).

Tuesday night was my last cooking class and I knew a number of people couldn't make this class. Unfortunately, I didn't know that nobody would come! I waited an hour then went across the street to return the unopened bag of groceries at Weaver Street Market. Since my wife was going to have dinner on her own, I was tempted by some curried seitan in their hot food line and decided to have a light dinner there and get some errands done.

Well, possibly because I'm just not used to eating out so much or maybe there was a problem with the seitan or something else that I had, I ended up waking up on Wednesday feeling nauseated. I spent all day quietly sitting on my easy chair, sipping some ginger tea and nibbling on two pears. My poor wife had to fend for herself and heated some leftovers for her dinner. I was so tired that I slept from about 7:30p till 11:30a this morning! I have a little more energy and am nibbling on watermelon. Since I stopped eating dairy products and became vegan (around 1999?), I never catch colds or flus, but guess that I'm still susceptible to food poisoning! I hope that I'm able to cook by tomorrow - we have friends of my wife visiting us from Illinois tomorrow through Monday.

2 Comments:

At Mon Dec 25, 08:45:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you get well soon!

 
At Thu Dec 28, 02:45:00 AM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, johanna3!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home