Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Broccoli and Potato with Arugula Pesto Alfredo Sauce (Almost No Added Fat)

I made a waterless meal by putting, in this order, onion, shallot, matchsticks of potato, broccoli, fennel, and fresh sage leaves into a large Saladmaster stock pan. I covered the pan and heated it on medium high until the vapor release started jiggling, then I reduced the heat to low till the jiggle stopped. I let it cook for about 15 minutes. I then mixed in Victoria Vegan brand arugula pesto alfredo sauce; I will classify this as an almost no added fat meal; the sauce has 5g fat per quarter cup, but I only used about 1/4 cup to make our three servings. I simmered, covered, on low for a few more minutes. I then added a bit of cubed (1/4") shallot, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and dried oregano. I served it with brown rice maifun noodles and leftover dhal.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home