Saturday, May 18, 2013

Speedy Black Bean and Quinoa Dinner with Citrus Asparagus and Tomato

My wife enjoys my cooking but wants me to prepare meals faster; it usually takes me 45m to 1 1/2 hours, and she doesn't like to wait. She asked me to make dinner in 10 minutes today, and I tried, but actually took 11 minutes.

I "cheated" a bit by picking up a prepared spicy black bean salad from Whole Foods. I cooked some quinoa with a vegan bouillon cube and put that down on the plate as a base. I served the black bean salad on top.

While the quinoa was cooking, I grilled asparagus and thick half moons of sweet onion. After drizzling some fresh squeezed tangerine juice and sprinkling on a little salt, I served the asparagus and onion on top, along with wedges of tomato. Dinner was reasonable, though one minute late, alas!

2 Comments:

At Sat May 18, 11:49:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Later, I made a nice strawberry cobbler by mainly following a recipe from the May/June 2010 Vegetarian Times. I used less sugar and much less shortening (I used Earth Balance margarine) than suggested, and it still came out great!

 
At Mon May 20, 02:01:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home