Sunday, July 26, 2009

Carrot-Ginger Soup, Tempeh, Mashed Potatoes

We are lucky to have a woman who makes fabulous vegan soups (well, sometimes she makes non-vegan ones, too, which of course we don't buy, but it turns out to rarely be a non-vegan choice) available for pickup each weekend from her home. This week there was a Broccoli soup as well as a Carrot-Ginger one.

My wife's "model 16-year-old" niece arrived from Wisconsin for about three weeks today to spend time with us and help take care of baby. I was taking her to the last night of ADF to see Mark Morris and had to put dinner together quickly. So the soup came in handy! I heated the Carrot-Ginger - wow! It was very good, but that's what we expect from this soup seller! I put a dollop of vegan sour cream into it. I served some tempeh and mashed potatoes, as well.

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 24, 02:16:00 PM EDT, Blogger Paisley said...

I love carrot-ginger soup. What a great idea to add a drop of vegan sour cream. I will try that the next time we make it.
Thanks for all your good ideas,

 
At Wed Sep 02, 04:21:00 PM EDT, Blogger Swaha Miller said...

The carrot ginger soup looks and sounds very tempting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home