Monday, October 01, 2007

Mushroom-Barley Soup, French Rolls with Roasted Yellow Tomatoes

Warning - excuses follow for an embarrasingly simple dinner ... Today was a long day - fun but long and tiring. I was up late last night as I photographed a classical Indian concert, and then I woke up early for morning bridal photography of a young couple whose wedding I'm photographing in two months. After a short rest at home, I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and on till almost 11p (!) attending the tenth annual Carrboro Music Festival. It's a great event with (this year well over 100!) musical performers all around charming downtown Carrboro, NC - all for free!


However, in between all the music and running into and talking with so many friends, I didn't get a chance to eat. I came home close to midnight hungry and tired. So, I made a simple and light dinner. I simply heated canned Health Valley brand organic mushroom-barley soup, baked some frozen French bread rolls, and served roasted yellow tomato slices in the baked bread. I hope to return to having more normalcy about my dinners tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 03, 10:53:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dilip... I've definitely been known to have soup from a can for dinner on occasion myself.

We're heading down to visit my sister-in-law in Cary this weekend and I've got a restaurant question for you. Have you been to Cool Breeze? Sounds interesting but some of the reviews I've found on-line seem to indicate lots of yogurt, & butter. Do you know if they have some good vegan options?

Thanks!

 
At Wed Oct 03, 11:09:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Chris, for the kind comment. Maybe we can hook up if you have time when you are here? I didn't like Cool Breeze very much a year or two ago, as I think the owner let its quality sag a bit, but it's under new ownership and better now. There are lots of vegan options. It's Indian fast comfort food. Check it out - but Udipi around the corner and Tower not far away is I think a much better dinner choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home