Sunday, April 01, 2007

Trofie Pasta, Vegan Apple Sage Sausage, Lemon Green Beans.jpg

My wife is away for part of the weekend, so I made a simple dinner for myself. I have plenty of sauce leftover from dinner a few nights ago, and am thinking of making pizza soon. But the sauce was too runny, so I took most of the liquidy portion of the sauce with a little bit of the "chunk" and heated it, mixing in some chopped olives. I served it over trofie pasta.

Neither my wife nor I generally like food that looks like meat, but we love the all-vegan and non-soy products from Field Roast Grain Meat Company, such as their apple-sage artisanal sausage. I grilled a sausage (these are consistently excellent, but today it ended up being a little bland; I know the owner of the company so will drop him an email about this) as well as green beans in a little bit of olive oil. Like the pasta dinner a few days ago, I served the beans with fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

2 Comments:

At Fri Sep 19, 01:40:00 AM EDT, Blogger VeganLinda said...

We just recently got these in our area and I love the apple sage, but they are pretty expensive. Have you ever tried to make them yourself? I'll still buy them from time to time, but would love a homemade recipe for when I have the time.

 
At Fri Sep 19, 01:50:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your comment, Linda. I love these products! I have not tried to make them - the owner has told me that they use traditional sausage-making techniques adapted to being vegan, and I don't think I could match what they do. Do stay in touch! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home