Saturday, April 08, 2017

Vegan Macaroni and "Cheese" with Steamed Kale and Cauliflower (for kiddo and me)

We're in the midst of our favorite event of the year, the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, the country's largest such festival, and just a few miles from our house. My wife and I usually spend all day (maybe 10a-10p or beyond) and we bring our daughter to a number of films that she may appreciate and enjoy. I review films for a South Asian regional magazine, Saathee - my online review for the week is available.

My daughter and I had about 3 hours off this afternoon, so came home for a bit, and I made one of her favorite dishes, macaroni and "cheese", for the two of us, using Daiya brand macaroni and "cheese" (with vegetables). I also prepared a large serving of steamed cauliflower and kale (she got raw kale, which she prefers) by pressure steaming in the Instant Pot for 3 minutes and serving with a bit of salt.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home