Tempeh-Broccolini-Kale with Avocado Salad and Thin Crispy Crackers (No Added Fat)
Thanksgiving was great last week. We had 122 people at our pre-Thanksgiving on Monday and 622 at Thanksgiving. All three evening news programs covered our Thanksgiving event. This was probably the smoothest Thanksgiving we've had with minimal lines. People loved the food!
Often, we get away for a long weekend right after Thanksgiving, and we did just that this time, enjoying a relaxing visit to Wilmington, NC, about 2 1/2 hours away. We always like visiting Tidal Creek Coop there and stopping at Eden's Vegetarian Restaurant enroute (on the way back this time). Today, I cooked with parsnip in the pressure cooker for the first time, and made a tempeh-broccolini-kale vegetable dish.
- 3 ounces tempeh cut into 3/8" cubes
- 1 broccolini, top 1" and then 2nd 1" cut across, rest of stems composted
- 1/3 head kale, stems composted and leaves roughly hand cut into 3/4" squares
- 1 parsnip and 1 carrot, each cut into 3/8" slices with wider slices halved
- 1 large shallot cut into approximately 1/4"x5/8" slices
- 1t ginger finely diced
- 1T chickpea (or other kind) miso
- 1/2 cup water
- I put all of the ingredients into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- After the pressure cooking and when I was ready, I slowly released the pressure and removed the top, and served.
I couldn't add it because I was cooking for my Dad, who doesn't eat garlic, but some garlic would go well with the avocado as well as with the main course.