Sauteed Broccoli Rabe, Smoky Tempeh (No Added Fat)
Whole Foods Market. I found a simple recipe for sauteed broccoli rabe online and made simple changes to come up with this recipe.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 medium onion cut into approximately 3/8" wide half moons
- I put all of the ingredients except the onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- After the pressure cooking and when I was ready, I slowly released the pressure and removed the top.
- Because the Instant Pot serves many functions, I was able next to do some sauteeing right in the same pot. I mixed in the onion and turned the machine on in saute mode.
- I stirred frequently until the greens cooked down a bit and the onion started turning transparent, about 2 minutes.
The recipe that I foundcalls for including 2 cloves of garlic and 2 shallots. I thought that I put too much onion into this dish; I could have used 1/2 to 2/3 as much, and a little bit (maybe 1 clove) of garlic would have been nice. A little bit of orange or tangerine juice would add a nice surprise sweetness to the dish. I wish that I could more commonly find broccoli rabe!