Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crispy Seitan and Arugula, Baked Squash, Baked Potato, Baked Purple Sweet Potato

I had an interesting idea which my wife and I agreed came out tasting very good. I cut a box of seitan into thin strips, maybe 1" long and 1/4" thick, and marinated them in lemon juice for an hour or two (the longer, the better). I drained the seitan from its lemon juice marinade, pressing down to get the moisture out. I sauteed a diced garlic clove for a minute or so over medium heat in a cast iron pan with a little bit of olive oil, then added the seitan and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes till it was crispy. I mixed it in with raw arugula, topped with a little freshly ground black pepper, and a touch of salt - it was yummy!

I also served baked squash, potato, and sweet purple potato, as well as raw tomato slices. Dinner was filling and tasty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home