Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kale-Rice Noodles with Tempeh and Baguette

I hand stripped as best I could long, thin (maybe 1/2" x 3") strips from about 8-10 kale leaves and put them in boiling water. A few minutes later, I added around two dozen wide fettucine-style rice noodles. I cooked for another 5 minutes or so till the noodles were soft and the kale deep green.

I drained the noodles and kale, then sprinkled on about a teaspoon of sesame seeds and a tablespoon or so of raw coconut aminos (a nice product that tastes a bit like soy sauce). (At the table, I realized it needed a bit more seasoning, and added some jerk seasoning; really, I should have had a sauce.) I served sauteed tempeh on the side. A fresh baguette that I had gently warmed on my cast iron pan then topped with lettuce and tomato completed the meal.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 11, 01:39:00 PM EST, Blogger K said...

That sounds heavenly!!

 
At Wed Jan 12, 02:23:00 PM EST, Blogger K said...

That looks good. I love jerk seasoning too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home