Friday, April 01, 2011

Brussels Sprouts with Brown Rice Noodles, Spiced Edamame

I had to make a quick dinner tonight as I was attending a screening of a classic Kurosawa film, Ikiru. Over medium-high heat, I sauteed about a dozen Brussels sprouts that I had cut in half; a few minutes into the cooking, I added about a fifth of a red onion, cut into a coarse dice. When the sprouts were lightly browned on the cut sides, I mixed in some brown rice noodles that I had been soaking in hot water, draining immediately before adding to the pan. I cooked for a minute or two, then removed from the heat and mixed in a little freshly ground black pepper and salt. I also heated some edamame (soybeans), then mixed in a little diced ginger, alder-smoked salt, and just a little jerk seasoning. I served with some radish slices for a quick, filling, and tasty dinner.

1 Comments:

At Sun Apr 10, 10:38:00 AM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds delicious. I do miss Brussels sprouts - do not see them to often in Belize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home