Monday, August 24, 2009

Melissa's Cauliflower Soup with Arugula and Basil Oil with Vegan Apple-Sage Sausage and Lemon Rosemary Bread

The woman who sells soup locally, Melissa, had a week or so off to visit New York. She was inspired by a few places that she ate on this trip - what a nice benefit for her patrons, especially since she already has a high standard! This week, I picked up her cauliflower soup garnished with fresh arugula and basil oil ("I had a bowl of this delicious soup on the terrace cafe at MoMA,
and I hope to recreate it for all of you!"), and her spicy tomato soup ("only ... mildly spiced with Harissa I found at my favorite Middle Eastern food emporium, Sahadi's, on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn").

For dinner, I heated her cauliflower soup and, as per her direction, sprinkled some of the lovely basil oil atop, as well as the arugula. I also cooked in a little oil in my cast iron pan a vegan Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage artisanal sausage. Finally, I picked up some lemon rosemary bread, one of our favorites, today, and served a large chunk with Earth Balance vegan margarine. The soup was great, and we enjoyed the whole meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home