Sunday, August 23, 2009

Melissa's Cauliflower Soup garnished with fresh aragula and basil oil, Lemon-Rosemary Bread, Vegan Apple Sage Sausage

We have a woman in town named Melissa who makes amazing soups for sale each week. She was away recently in New York City and enjoyed a cauliflower soup garnished with fresh aragula and basil oil at the cafe of the Museum of Modern Art. She tried to recreate it for us; I don't know what MoMA's soup tasted like, but I loved this batch, including freshly made basil oil, to be perhaps the best soup that Melissa has ever made. Wow!!

I prepared a bowl of this soup, topped with the oil and aragula that were provided. We picked up one of my favorite breads from Weaver Street Market today, lemon-rosemary sourdough, and I served a warmed slice with Earth Balance margarine, as well. A grilled Field Roast Grain Meat Company's apple-sage artisanal vegan sausage with mustard over greens completed today's meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home