Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Swiss Chard - Zucchini - Smoked Tempeh Saute

I had a small round zucchini that we had picked up at a farmer's market, as well as some Swiss Chard that I wanted to use. I started sauteeing over medium heat in extra virgin olive oil a medium red onion that I had chopped into 1/4" or so cubes. As the onion cleared in color a bit, maybe after 2 or 3 minutes, I added most of a package of smoked tempeh, cut into 1/2" lengths.

After a few minutes, when the tempeh was on its way to being gently browned, I added 1/2" slices of the stalks of the chard. A few minutes later, with the tempeh gently brown, I added the zucchini, cut into 1/4" or slightly larger cubes, as well as the chard leaves, simply sliced across into 3/4" strips. I cooked just another few minutes, then sprayed some roasted garlic juice (I've come to really like the flavor and convenience of this product that I just recently bought for the first time) onto the vegetables and sprinkled a little bit of dried dill weed.

I served with some lemony quinoa (I actually purchased this, but it would have been easy to cook quinoa in a 1:2 ratio with water, and mix in lemon and vegetables). Tomato and parsnips rounded out the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home