Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mom's Homemade Pizza, Tempeh-Shiitake Saute, Sweet and Spicy Mixed Grain Salad

I need to get my blog caught up! I had a full day today, starting by waking up at 6a for the opportunity to photograph Hillary Clinton (I think that I got a few good shots!). We had a few appointments in the evening; it was around 8p when I started working on dinner. Just then, my Mom called to say that she had an extra pizza that she had just made.

I capitalized on that and enjoyed her always-very-good homemade pizza. I served a sweet and spicy mixed grain salad (millet, bulghur, wild rice, tamari, sunflower seeds, carrot, red onion, scallion, dried cranberry, mint, lemon juice, tamari, cayenne, black pepper, parsley, white wine vinegar, olive oil) that I had purchased, and made a simple saute of tempeh, onion, and shiitake mushrooms, mixing in 3/4 tablespoon of pesto just before serving.

4 Comments:

At Wed Apr 30, 02:47:00 PM EDT, Blogger Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

Sounds awesome!

 
At Thu May 01, 01:36:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks! My Mom's pizza is always good!

 
At Fri May 16, 02:58:00 PM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dilip! Missing you on the culinary blogs! Hope you are well!

Puja

 
At Sat Jun 07, 04:08:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Hi, Puja! Thanks for your concern - I am just behind and was also traveling for some time. It's good to see you here! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home