Sunday, October 28, 2007

Brussels Sprouts with Shredded Sweet Potato and Tempeh

I just got back from vacation late last night (I was due around midnight but the flight was three hours delayed - and on top of a three-hour layover! - which got me home around 4a!!), but was excited to make my first meal in a few weeks. I used ingredients that I had on hand, including Brussels sprouts (that kept just fine), salad ingredients that my wife had picked up, and what was left of some tasty garlic flat bread that we had picked up at the Santa Fe farmer's market (New Mexico).

I simply made a saute of halved Brussels sprouts, tempeh chopped into small pieces, and a shredded sweet potato, adding an entire bunch of inch-long sliced green onions for a few minutes at the end, and served it with boiled rice noodles. The main course was a surprisingly delicious combination!

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 31, 01:05:00 AM EDT, Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Oh fun! Mesa Verde is one of my favorite destinations when I'm down that way! Oh, and YUM!! the 505 Green Chile Sauce is my favorite of all their products; there are so many wonderful roasted green chile items available in and around New Mexico, you could go broke buying them!

 
At Wed Oct 31, 01:29:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, tofu mom, for your kind comment. We really enjoyed Mesa Verde. Wait till I get around to writing about what a great meal we had while we were there! I may ask your ... ummm ... special friend ... or you or others to send me more of the sauce - it sure is good! BTW, welcome to my blog - I thought initially you were another blogger who is a regular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home