Friday, October 05, 2007

Tacos with Potatoes O'Brien

While my wife is away, I am taking advantage of being able to make dishes that I normally don't get to eat because she isn't fond of these particular foods. For example, she claims that she isn't fond of Mexican food, though she liked the tortilla salad that I made in February and loved one of the very first dinners that I prepared for her more than three years ago, fajitas.

Tonight, I had photography class; normally my wife and I eat out afterwards, but I thought I would come home and make something simple since she is traveling for another week or so (she is to return next Friday). I had some organic frozen Potatoes O'Brien (cubed potatoes, bell pepper, and onion), and simply sauteed it, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat in a little bit of oil for about 10 minutes. I heated blue corn taco shells and filled them with onion, avocado, salsa, and lettuce. It was a simple but good and filling meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home